Telling the Story of the Ocoee Region Photography Contest
The Museum Center at 5ive Points is pleased to announce…
A photography exhibition and contest that showcases the talent of local photographers and celebrates the history and beauty of our region. Photographers of all ages and skill levels are invited to submit photos for the exhibition and contest. All submissions will be on display at the Museum Center from October 24, 2022 through January 31, 2023. Submissions will be accepted Tuesday through Saturday, October 4 – 15, 10AM to 3PM. Submissions must meet the guidelines detailed below.
The exhibition and contest theme, Telling the Story of the Ocoee Region, celebrates our region’s history and culture. Photographers are invited to capture images that they feel embody the history and culture of the Ocoee Region and its residents.
The exhibition and contest is open to photographers of all ages and skill levels. Photographers must enter their work in one of the following divisions.
- Professional – Photographers who receive income from photography
- Amateur – Beginning or amateur photographers at least 18 years of age or experienced photographers who do not receive income from photography
- Youth – Photographers aged 17 or younger
- Photographs must pertain to the theme of Telling the Story of the Ocoee Region.
- Photographs can be either film or digital images; however, the chosen media must be indicated on the application.
- Photographs must be matted.
- Size: Image size (without matte) must be a minimum of 8 inches (in any direction).
- Image sizes may not exceed 11”x14”. This includes the matte.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a completed application form.
- Photographers must note name, phone number and division on the back of their photo entry.
A panel of photographers and other visual artists not associated with the Museum Center at 5ive Points will judge the contest. Prizes will be awarded to winning images in the Professional, Amateur and Youth divisions for the following:
- First: Cash prize of $100
- Second: Cash prize of $50
- Third: One year family membership to the Museum Center at 5ive Points.
- Photographs entered into the contest Tuesday through Saturday, October 4 – 15, 2022 from 10AM to 3PM.
- Photographs judged Week of October 17, 2022
- Exhibition opening and award ceremony Saturday, October 22, 2022 from 3PM to 5PM
- Photographs on exhibit October 24, 2022 – January 31, 2023