Stitches in Time Quilt Show
2023 Quilt Show
Our annual Stitches in Time Quilt Show will take place in-person at the Museum and Cultural Center at 5ive Points from Wednesday, March 1, 2023 – Saturday, March 4, 2023. We will have bed-turnings, vendors, a community service sewing day, and more!
- March 1 – 10AM to 5PM
- March 2 – 10AM to 5PM
- March 3 – 10AM to 5PM
- March 4 – 10AM to 3PM
Dates to Remember:
- February 14-18, 2023: Quilt Drop-Off at the Museum and Cultural Center
- Show Dates: March 1-4, 2023
- March 7-10, 2023: Quilt Pick-Up at the Museum and Cultural Center
Quilt Challenge: Flower Quilts
Schedule of special events:
- Wednesday 10 am- Award presentation
- Thursday: TBD
- Friday: Lunch and Learn: How to start a collage quilted book.
- Saturday: Community Sew: Make and Leave. Quilt to be created for Isaiah House
- Silent Auction and Raffle throughout the event
- Five Points Café Food Truck on Site throughout the event
Sandra Presley, wife and mother enjoying retirement with my husband…
After making my first quilt in fourth grade I didn’t make another one until my early twenties. Life, work, and school can take precedence over a hobby. It’s wasn’t until a little over eleven years that I went through cancer treatments and my husband thought it would be time for a long-arm quilting machine, “It’ll be good therapy,” he said. As usual my husband was right. I started learning more and more techniques to work smarter, not harder.
Making memory quilts for others is a blessing to me to see the joy of someone’s collections culminate in one piece of art they will treasure. Art quilts are also a fun pastime, I love seeing the world through my friends and families photos and asking permission to turn that picture into a quilt. You just never know when someone may say, `Hold that pose, I see a quilt.’ The quilt, “My Danny” was just that…as he looked out to his bird feeder the lighting for a photo happened to be perfect.
Everyday is a blessing, don’t take it for granted. My goal is to study and learn to be better in anything I am called to do.
- Southern Accent Quilt Shop
- Hyder Hangout
- Cherokee Blossom Quilt Guide
- Accomplish Quilting
- And more…
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Lucy Rymer, email@example.com, 423-339-5745 ext 108.